13 de agosto de 2008

The Decline of Western Civilization

The Decline of Western Civilization is a 1981 rockumentary film directed by Penelope Spheeris about the Los Angeles punk rock scene in 1979 and 1980. Over the years the film has gained something of a cult status.

Featuring concert footage of legendary Los Angeles punk bands, and interviews both with band members and with the punks who made up their audience, the film offers a look into a subculture that was largely ignored by the rock music press of the time.

Eerily, the promotional poster for The Decline (and the record cover of the soundtrack album) featured a close-up frame of Germs singer Darby Crash supine on stage with his eyes closed. Crash died from a heroin-induced suicide shortly before the film was released (the poster was designed before his death).

Bands included are Black Flag, The Germs, X, The Bags, Circle Jerks, Catholic Discipline, and Fear.

Download Torrent

Um comentário:

killersharkworm disse...

hi there-

I know this is way off topic, but I have a question for you regarding an ethiopian jazz flutist. I found your blog through a google search and it seems you might be the only person I can talk to about good music...

English is the only language I know, so I hope that isn't a problem.

I hope to speak with you soon.

most sincerely,
leia